Bentonite is a colloidal clay containing montmorillonite which has a swelling capacity in water, high gel strength and low permeability. It is supplied in forms of powder and raw ore.
- In drilling used as viscosifier to lubricant and sometimes stop blowouts.
- In foundries used as binding agent.
- It is also being used to clarifying and purifying mineral, veggies, some oils, and alcoholic beverages.
- In the pet care industry, Bentonite used as an absorbing agent in products such as animal litter.
- It has application in the medical industry due to its adsorption properties.
- Recently Bentonite slurry walls have gained some interests in the construction industry.
|Yield Point||M3/ton||16 min|
|API Filtration Loss||Cm3||15 max|
|Moisture Content||%||15 max|
|Residue on ASTM sieve No 100||Wt %||2 max|
|Residue on ASTM sieve No 200||Wt %||2.5 max|
25 Kg Bag, 1 Mt Jumbo Bag & Neg.